SUPREME COURT UPDATED ORDER
The Tennessee Supreme Court has issued an updated order governing court practices during the pandemic as follows: (1) The suspension of all jury trials is extended through the close of business on Friday, February 26, 2021, subject only to exceptions which may be granted by the Chief Justice on a case-by-case basis.
2) All in-person proceedings in all state and local courts in Tennessee, including but not limited to municipal, juvenile, general sessions, trial, and appellate courts, are suspended from the close of business on Monday, December 28, 2020, through the close of business on Friday, January 29, 2021, subject to the specific exceptions outlined more fully in the Order.
GOVERNOR LEE ORDER 70
Governor Lee restricts gatherings in public places. Specifically, school athletics is addressed. Bands, cheerleaders, and dance teams can not attend games while this Executive Order is in place.
Below is a list of those allowed to attend practices or games:
- Student-athletes on the team;
- Players’ parents or guardians and immediate household members;
- First Responders;
- Coaching and team personnel;
- School, game, and facility administrators;
- Athletics officials; and
- Media and athletic scouting personnel attending the event in their professional capacity.
Social distancing with those from different households will be required.
The Orders contain more details. We are here to answer any questions you have. Take care and stay well.