WILLIAMSON COUNTY FACE MASK ORDER AND JURY TRIAL POSTPONEMENT
On Monday, July 6, 2020, Williamson County Mayor, Rogers Anderson, issued an executive order requiring all Williamson County residents to wear a face mask in public in order to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Mayor Anderson’s order also requires businesses and facilities to post signage informing patrons of the face mask requirement and that it will be enforced inside the premises. The face mask order goes into effect at 12:00 a.m. on Wednesday, July 8, 2020, and will remain in effect until Monday, August 3, 2020.
Mayor Anderson’s order does not apply to:
- Children under the age of 12.
- Anyone who cannot wear face coverings due to underlying health conditions
- Anyone who cannot remove face coverings without assistance
- Anyone in a private residence
- Anyone outdoors that can properly maintain proper social distancing
- Anyone eating or drinking
- Anyone in a place of worship, unless mandated by the place of worship
- Anyone in private motor vehicles (unless the vehicle is being used for ride share purposes i.e. Uber and Lyft)
- Anyone working in conditions where proper social distancing can be maintained
- Anyone in government facilities, who instead will be subject to rules and regulations of that specific facility
- Anyone at a voting site for the purpose of voting or administering an election
- Anyone engaged in exercise or physical activity, provided proper social distancing can be maintained
- Anyone for whom wearing a face covering could pose a safety or security risk
A violation of this order could result in a Class A misdemeanor.
Additionally, the Judges of Williamson County ordered on Tuesday, July 7, 2020, that no jury trials will take place in Williamson County through August 2020.
As always, we will continue to be here to answer your legal questions and update you on any new information regarding COVID-19 and the courts. You can call us at (615) 567-7300 or email us directly at email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org if you need any assistance. Take care and stay well.