I-9 CHANGE FOR EMPLOYERS
On July 17, 2017, the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services announced the publication of a revised version of Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification.
What Employers Need to Know
- Employers may use the new form now, with a revision date of 07/17/17.
- Using this new new form is mandatory on September 18, 2017 to avoid fines.
- The previous I-9 form, with a revision date of 11/14/16, can be used through September 17, 2017.
- The current storage and retention rules are unchanged.
- The List of Acceptable Documents was amended. List C was renumbered and now includes Consular Report of Birth Abroad (Form FS-240).FOR ALL YOUR BUSINESS AND HUMAN RESOURCE NEEDS, CALL US AT (615) 567-7304 OR EMAIL KELLI DIRECTLY AT KELLI@KHALAWGROUP.COM